Frequently asked questions
Does the hotspot or service cost me anything?
Equipment, service, and content filtering is being provided at no cost. You will never receive a bill for the hotspots or service you receive from MDC Iowa or our associated community partners.
How do parents/students use the hotspot?
Parents/Students can find the Wi-Fi network name and password by doing the following:
1. Press and hold the Power Button for 3 seconds until the welcome logo appears on the display. After a few seconds, the Wi-Fi signal icon will appear on the display.
2. Look for the network (SSID) “Moxee HotspotXX_2.4G”or “Moxee HotspotXX_5G”, where XX are the last two digits of the device IMEI.
3. Click “Connect” and enter the default password found on your device. Your Wi-Fi SSID and password information can be found on your device’s “Wi-Fi Info” screen or on the SSID label located underneath the battery cover.
What content is filtered by Enterprise Traffic Protector (ETP)?
• Automatic enforcement of Strict Mode for access to YouTube Content
• Automatic Safe-Search enforcement for all web searches via Google and Bing
• Access to common education tools like Zoom, Blackboard, Google Classroom, Microsoft Teams
• Enforcement via DNS-Based policies – this is seamless and operates separately from other on-prem tools and filters & protects all devices accessing the Internet via protected hotspot device
How long is the service agreement?
AT&T has extended the service agreement from the 12-month term that was originally communicated to 14 months, starting from the date when the hotspots were ordered.
What should I do if a hotspot is malfunctioning?
Please alert MDC Iowa (email@example.com) and provide the device IMEI, SIM, and a summary of the issue you are having. Hotspots have a 12-month warranty from the manufacturer and can be replaced if they are malfunctioning within that warranty period.
What should I do if a hotspot is lost, stolen, or is physically damaged?
Please send the IMEI and SIM information for the device that has been lost, stolen, or physically damaged to MDC Iowa (firstname.lastname@example.org), so that it can be disconnected.
What should I do if a valid educational website is being blocked?
You will see a message in the Internet browser when a site is blocked, and it will provide a specific reason. Please take a screenshot of the message you are receiving and send to MDC Iowa at email@example.com. The team will review and add the site to the whitelist if necessary. NOTE: Adware and Malware can cause blocking errors to appear if it is installed on your laptop/tablet/etc. Please review the URL on the blocking message to confirm if it matches the website you are trying to access before sending in your whitelist request.